EANS-Voting Rights: Air Berlin PLC / Release of a voting rights announcement according to article 26, section 1.1 WpHG (Securities Trading Act) with the aim of a Europe-wide distribution

Notification of voting rights transmitted by euro adhoc. The issuer is responsible for the content of this announcement.

Person/company obliged to make the notification:

-----------------------------------
Name: UBS Investment Bank
Place: 8152 Opfikon
State: Schweiz

Company data:
-----------------------
Name: Air Berlin PLC
Address: The Hour House, High Street 32, WD3 1ER Rickmansworth, Herts Place: WD3 1ER Rickmansworth, Herts
State: UK

London, 5 February 2010 - UBS Investment Bank informed us on 4 February 2010 that UBS AG, London Branch, held convertible bonds of Air Berlin PLC on 2 February 2010 which, if the bonds were converted into shares during the conversion period from 17 November 2009 to 15 August 2014, would convert into voting ordinary shares in Air Berlin PLC representing 3% of the Company's total voting rights on the date of transaction. UBS Investment Bank also informed us that, as of 2 February, UBS AG, London Branch, held voting ordinary shares in Air Berlin PLC representing 0.06% of the Company's total voting rights. The aggregate number of voting rights which UBS AG, London Branch, would hold if the convertible bonds were converted into shares would represent 3.06% of the Company's total voting rights as of 2 February.

Air Berlin PLC
The Hour House
32 High Street
Rickmansworth WD3 1ER
Hertfordshire Great Britain
WKN AB1000 (Share)
on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
(Regulated Market, Prime Standard)
WKN A0NQ9H (Convertible Bond 2007)
Euro MTF Market
on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange
WKN A1ALH0 (Convertible Bond 2009)
Open Market on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange

end of announcement euro adhoc

issuer: Air Berlin PLC
The Hour House, High Street 32
UK-WD3 1ER Rickmansworth, Herts
phone: +49 (0)30 3434 1500
FAX: +49 (0)30/3434-1049
mail: abpresse@airberlin.com
WWW: http://www.airberlin.com
sector: Air Transport
ISIN: GB00B128C026
indexes: SDAX, Classic All Share, Prime All Share
stockmarkets: regulated dealing/prime standard: Frankfurt, free trade: Berlin, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Düsseldorf, München
language: English

Digitale Pressemappe: http://www.ots.at/pressemappe/EASY_12274

OTS-ORIGINALTEXT PRESSEAUSSENDUNG UNTER AUSSCHLIESSLICHER INHALTLICHER VERANTWORTUNG DES AUSSENDERS | OTB0012